ADSM-L

Volume Restores for Netware Server on ADSM 3.1.0.6

1999-06-11 17:16:22
Subject: Volume Restores for Netware Server on ADSM 3.1.0.6
From: "Cleary, Leisa" <Leisa.Cleary AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:16:22 -0400
Here's a really lovely "feature"

We ran a volume restore from the command line on a Netware 4.11 server using
ADSM 3.1.0.6 on NT platform

The command was:
load sys:adsm\dsmc restore servername\servervolume: -subdir=yes -vol
-replace=yes -q
We have been told by server operations that the Novell Trustee Rights were
We have been told by server operations that the Novell Trustee Rights were
not restored. When we checked the admin command manual it appeared that the
"-vol"  parameter has been replaced with "-volinfo"

The manual also lists the parameter as "VOLinformation"  indicating that
only  -VOL need be added to the command line as a parameter.

Has anyone else run into this "feature" and if so, what is the correct
syntax? We have not been able to successfully complete a full volume restore
from the GUI.

GUI Folder and File restores seem to bring back the correct rights.

All help is appreciated as we have had to do a number of restores as a
result of that lovely worm.exe virus............

Cheers-

Leisa M. Cleary
Associate Technical Analyst ADSM\Enterprise Storage Management
leisa.cleary AT libertymutual DOT com
(603) 431-8400 X54786
SDN 8-435-4786