ADSM-L

Workaround: Error installing 2nd scheduler service

1999-06-11 16:50:01
Subject: Workaround: Error installing 2nd scheduler service
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:50:01 -0400
I finally did get it installed by doing the following:

1) Install the 2nd scheduler service as described in the 3.1.0.7 readme file
2) Using ControlPanel/Services, stop the service you just installed
3) From the ADSM/BACLIENT dir, start an ADSM command line session with DSMC
-optfile=Q:\ADSM\DSM.OPT (where Q: is the drive in the cluster group that
holds the dsm.opt for that group)
holds the dsm.opt for that group)
4) When you get the dsmc> prompt, issue Q SESS so that you get prompted for
the cluster group node password.  After you reply, you can quit this
session.  The cluster group node will now have an entry in the Registry with
its password stored.
5) Restart the 2nd scheduler service.

I then was able to finish the rest of the installation procedure.

I did notice that the dsmerror.log has a problem in that any new entry to
the log file will delete any previous entries, then put a string of garbage
characters before the current entry.  It used to just append to the current
log file.  There was another posting to this list recently complaining about
a similar problem.

James Louie
Nabisco