ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP setup for better performance (NT - AS400)

1999-06-11 09:41:41
Subject: Re: TCP/IP setup for better performance (NT - AS400)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:41:41 -0400
>One thing we have found is that you should ensure that the network hardware
>is set to 100mb not auto. For some reason when we have the setting at auto,
>a backup which usually runs in 30 minutes will take 5 hours.

It has been our experience as well that 100Mb ethernet Autonegotiate is
unreliable, so you can end up with 10Mb without realizing it.
As with so much other systems administration, it is best to be specific
in order to get what you want.
So when you do 'lsattr -E -l ent1' you should see:
  media_speed   100_Full_Duplex Media Speed                        True
and not:
  media_speed   Auto_Negotiation Media Speed                        True

Richard Sims, BU