ADSM-L

Programatically Checking ADSM Status

1999-06-04 13:22:03
Subject: Programatically Checking ADSM Status
From: "Morrison, Dennis" <morrisd2 AT WDNI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:22:03 -0700
I would like to programatically check for errors during the backup.

I'm thinking I would scan dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log. That being true,
what would I scan for?

I currently rename those files appending a unique date/timestamp then create
new empty files before ADSM starts so the files will only contain info about
the current day.

Any thoughts/scripts would be greatly appreciated.

This is an HP-UX unix system. ADSM 3.1 - Client side.

Dennis