ADSM-L

Re: Automatic emailing of client error logs

1999-06-03 12:37:26
Subject: Re: Automatic emailing of client error logs
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:37:26 -0700
You can certainly e-mail the error log files, as they are regular flat
files, and we had written several scripts (with/without certain messages, NT
and UNIX, etc.).  However, we have come to a conclusion that these e-mails
tend to be just nuisance e-mails that serve no real purpose.  Especially if
you have several machines that you want to look at.  We found a better way
is to use the messages in the ACTLOG and other server based tables, selected
and grouped and sorted into some type of condensed report and then sent to a
few individuals that may care.

Mark Mapes
PG&E