ADSM-L

Re: Win32 client needs reboot after install

1999-06-03 09:01:36
Subject: Re: Win32 client needs reboot after install
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:01:36 -0500
I have upgraded my workstation (just as a test) to 3.1.0.7
Since upgrading each time my workstation starts I get the following RED
event messages in the event log:

Failed reading the ADSM client "First Counter" registry value.  Status code
is returned in the attached data.

The Open Procedure for service "ADSM Client Performance" in DLL
"dsmcperf.dll" failed.  Performance data for this service will not be
available. Status code  returned is DWORD 0.

I didn't see anything in the docs about perf counters being added for ADSM.
Futhermore they don't appear to be working either.

What gives?

Nathan