ADSM-L

AIX -- restores problem

1999-06-02 18:49:42
Subject: AIX -- restores problem
From: Vijay Havaralu <vhavaralu AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 18:49:42 -0400
We here  have problem in restoring AIX files  (system files with all readonly
access) like

/usr/lib/libauthm.a

and other 50 over files of the filesystem that we are restoring using  command
like
dsmc res /usr/lib/libauthm.a
returns the error  "Cannot restore -- due to write access denied"  error

After selecting force write (over write write protect access) it repeats the
error
"write access denied",  and does not restore such files.

Probably these fine might have been locked up by the system, whose process we
may not be able
to kill......We appreciate if anybody encountered such problems, and got away
with restoring such
locked/write protected files.....The files are being restored with root
authority.  and AIX client
ADSM version is 3.1.0  and MVS ADSM server version is 3.1.0

Vijay,  x2743.