ADSM-L

Re: I/O Error and SCSI Adapter Failure while writing data to tape cartridge

1999-06-01 10:14:46
Subject: Re: I/O Error and SCSI Adapter Failure while writing data to tape cartridge
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:14:46 -0400
Christy -
Be sure that you are looking at the drives on the correct port when you
define them in ADSM.
Here is a good way to check:
Go to the control panel, click on SCSi adapters. Click on the adapter that
your library is connected to, for me it is an adaptec card,
click on your library to get the properties and click in the settings tab.
The port should be 01 based on your configuration define in ADSM
of MT0.0.0.1 If the number is different in the settings tab make sure to
update your drive to match it. I.E if the settings tab says
2 in the SCSI port field then update the drive to mt0.0.0.2.

Let us know!

Good luck -

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

Dilbert words of Wisdom:
Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
and some days you're the statue!