ADSM-L

ADSMConnect setup

1999-05-31 01:20:54
Subject: ADSMConnect setup
From: Abeid Hamad Al-Habsy <abeid.ahh.habsy AT PDO.CO DOT OM>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 09:20:54 +0400
ADSMers,

I have an AIX ADSM node which is already registered on ADSM server for
over a year. Now I want to test ADSMConnect  (with Oracle) using the
same NODE NAME.

The ADSM Backup/Archive uses PASSWORDACCESS=Generate. According to the
documentation EBU will only work if I use  PASSWORDACCESS=Prompt. If I
use separate dsm.sys, include/exclude file and maintain both
PASSWORDACCESS options (i.e. ADSM API use 'prompt' and Backup/Archive
use 'generate') - What will happen on the previous file spaces ? Will
the EBU be able to communicate with the server ? Please advise how I
should set it up.

I am trying to avoid using different Nodenames for the same machine.

Regards,
Abeid Al-Habsy, TCS/11
PDO, Oman.