ADSM-L

Re: Web Client Modified and Backup Time are 2 hours off

1999-05-27 13:59:18
Subject: Re: Web Client Modified and Backup Time are 2 hours off
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:59:18 -0500
Hi Lori:

Thanks for responding to my problem.
Clients time is the same as the ADSM server and in the same time zone.  I
noticed that someone else on the list also mentioned they had a similar
problem.

As a test, I ran the Web Browser on the ADSM server and connected to the
ADSM server as a Web Client.  Same results - times are displayed 2 hours
earlier than they should be for creation, modified and backed up.

I am in CST with Daylight Savings Time (if that makes a difference!).

Thanks,

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg
trushfor AT city.winnipeg.mb DOT ca

Hi Tim,
Hi Tim,

Are you running the Web Client from a browser on a machine whose clock is
set
a different time
than the server's clock?   The Web Client uses the browser's local time
zone,
so
if there is a time difference
between the browser and server machine, then the times would show up in the
browser machine's time zone.

Regards,
Lori Simcox
ADSM Client Development