ADSM-L

Re: tape mount

1999-05-27 11:24:06
Subject: Re: tape mount
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 11:24:06 -0400
Hello,

Do you have separate management classes setup for your weekly and monthly
archiving and are they defined in the same domain?  If this is so, are the
retention periods in the weekly management class different that the
retention periods in the monthly?

I ask this because ADSM handles files and directories differently when it
comes to archiving.  ADSM will archive directories using the management
class with the longest retension periods.  If you have a separate pool set
up for you weekly and monthly archives, this would be why you are seeing a
tape in the monthly pool being mounted when you do a weekly archive - ADSM
is archiving the directories to the monthly management class!

hope this helps
adam

--