ADSM-L

ADSM - Assessing the ADSM DB

1999-05-25 14:45:39
Subject: ADSM - Assessing the ADSM DB
From: Mark Owens <Mark_Owens AT PRODIGY DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:45:39 -0400
Environment : ADSM Server 2.1.0.18  - O/S 390 1.3.0 (Plan to go to ADSM V3)
                     Clients - many of the flavors

Hi fellow ADSMers,

With all these questions about the ADSM DB I began to wonder.............

1) When you backup the DB, is the "primary" DB backed-up, the "mirrored"
     DB backed-up or BOTH? If I issue the following:

     BACKUP DB TYPE=FULL DEV=DBBUCARTRIDGE

     what do I back-up?

2) Our database is mirrored (syncronized) with log recovery normal,
    the ADSM STC has enqueued the DB, therefore standard VSAM
    utility operations (IDCAMS PRINT) can't be used against the DB.
    The DB is VSAM linear so LISTCAT should show zero for REC-TOTAL.

    Aside from shutting down the STC to run IDCAMS, whats the best
    way to ensure DB records exist in the SYNCRONIZED (mirrored-copy)
    of the DB? (Just because the GUI says its synch'd doesn't satisfy moi!)

Mark Owens
Prodigy Communications Corporation