ADSM-L

Re: Connecting a 3570 to an IPCS

1999-05-24 18:31:27
Subject: Re: Connecting a 3570 to an IPCS
From: Mark Perez <amperez AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:31:27 -0600
Steve, thanks for the information and quick response.

Scott, per the question you posed concerning connecting a 3570 to an IPCS, Steve
provided the following feedback and suggests referring to these AS/400 web
sites:

   Link 1) http://www.as400.ibm.com/netware/as4nwas.htm
   Link 2) http://www.as400.ibm.com/netware/as4nwtape.htm

Link 1 discuss the Netware IPCS in general.
Link 2 speaks specifically to tape.

Netware IPCS can use AS/400 tape but with some caveats, primarily, the device
must be varied off for Netware to use it, and it does not provide an interface
for robotics on tape libraries (ie, must use in ACL mode).

Mark

---------------------- Forwarded by Mark Perez/San Jose/IBM on 05/24/99 07:38 AM
Scott Douglas@EDGETEC
Scott Douglas@EDGETEC
05/21/99 01:15 AM

Sent by:  Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>