ADSM-L

New Clients automatically Administrators Too with Level 2.20

2015-10-04 17:43:36
Subject: New Clients automatically Administrators Too with Level 2.20
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Here's a good one.
Ever since we upgraded to Level 2.20 of V3 R1-MVS a couple of weeks ago,
every new client node that we register is also registered as an
Administrator.
Was this an intentional enhancement that comes with this release?  I don't
know about some folks, but I would rather not have so many administrators.
Now, after I define a new client node, I pull down the Administrator menu
and delete the intruder from my Admin list. I plan to automate this
procedure in the near future, but I hope that IBM removes this 'enhancement'
first, as having to do this is very annoying.  Those who have upgraded to
Level 2.20 may want to check to make sure this isn't happening to them, too.
Peter K. Glass
Distributed Storage Management
Norwest Services, Inc.
*612-667-0086   *612-899-2776
*peter.k.glass AT norwest DOT com <mailto:*peter.k.glass AT norwest DOT com>