ADSM-L

Backup Copy Groups - How do I change what has already been backed up

1999-05-24 12:36:45
Subject: Backup Copy Groups - How do I change what has already been backed up
From: Kelvin Kloehn <kkloehn1 AT TXU DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 11:36:45 -0500
Our current backup copy groups have setting some like:
Policy Domain Name  TAPEBKUP
Policy Set Name          ACTIVE
Mgmt Class Name          ADSM01BKUP
Copy Group Name          STANDARD
Versions Data Exists     5
Versions Data Deleted    1
Retain Extra Versions    22
Retain Only Version      35
Copy Mode           MODIFIED
Copy Serialization       DYNAMIC
Copy Frequency           0
Copy Destination         BACKTAPE

With these setting we can and have ended up with 1 active and 21 inactive
versions of a file when what we really wanted was 1 active and 4 inactive
      versions
of the file. I have since changed the "Retain Extra Versions" to NOLIMIT, which
according to the doc says that extra backup versions are deleted during backup
processing under the control of VEREXISTS or VERDELETED.  There has been
at least one backup cycle run since the change has been made but we still have
      more
than the 5 desired versions. My questions are:  Do the ADSM clients need to
      stopped
and restarted for the change to the backup copygroup to be picked up? Or do I
      have
to define a new default MGMT Class?