ADSM-L

Help with storage pool volume creation.

1999-05-17 10:45:47
Subject: Help with storage pool volume creation.
From: Mark Mooney <Mark.Mooney AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:45:47 -0400
Hi,

I'm using ADSM v3.1.2.13 on AIX v4.2.1, I'm new to aix and the command i'm
trying to issue to the server is

define volume backupexec_pi /adsmlog/bexpi.dsm access=READWrite

The device i'm trying to specify is adsmlog and bexpi.dsm is the volume i
created with the
dsmfmt command.  when i issue this command the server seems to hang anytime i
issue
a q stg or q vol, however a q act or q sess work as normal.  I think the syntax
is incorrect as to
the specification of the location of the volume, but i'm not sure exactly what
it should be.

Any Ideas?

TIA
Mark Mooney