ADSM-L

Re: Problem with IRIX 6.5 client

1999-05-14 04:13:13
Subject: Re: Problem with IRIX 6.5 client
From: Christian Bolik <BOLIK AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:13:13 +0200
Sholeh,

have you installed all of the prereq packages described in the README
of the SGI ADSM client?  Here's a quote:

 o The following modules need to be installed for any of the ADSM
components:
     - XFS File System (eoe.sw.xfs)
     - Hierarchical Storage Management Support (eoe.sw.dmi)
     - Standard Execution Libraries (N32) (c++_eoe.sw32.lib)
     - Posix Threads:
       IRIX 6.2: 6.2_POSIX is part of the latest CDROM
       "IRIX 6.2 Recommended/Required Patches".
       IRIX 6.3 and higher: Posix Threads are part of eoe.sw.base
       and installed as default.

>Installed the client software and registered the node on the ADSM server.
>On the client tried dsmc to connect to the server and I am getting the
>following error message:
>
># dsmc
> 2109:dsmc: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libdm.so'
>under any of the filenames
>/usr/lib32/libdm.so:/usr/lib32/internal/libdm.so:/lib32/libdm.so:/opt/lib3
2
>/libdm.so:/usr/lib32/libdm.so.1:/usr/lib32/internal/libdm.so.1:/lib32/libd
>.so.1:
>
>I have checked and this doesn't appear to be one of SG libraries.  Has
>anybody with IRIX client seen this problem?
>How did you fix it?  and do you have a startup script for IRIX 6.5 client
>please?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Sholeh Azimfar

Hope this helps,