ADSM-L

Re: UNIX Client Silent Installs

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Subject: Re: UNIX Client Silent Installs
From: Richard C. Dempsey
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
This script is run as part of our Solaris Jump Start environment.
The finish_script copies this over to the target system and
arranges for this to run at the first reboot.  Frankly, I don't
understand why we make the directory, /etc/adsm/SpaceMan.

In addition, we have standard config files (dsm.sys, dsm.opt,
and dsm.excl) which we copy to appropriate places during the
Jump Start process.  I imagine this script could be set up to
run on pre-existing clients, but we haven't actually done that.

Rich

#!/bin/sh

echo "Installing ADSM Client software using pkgadd command..."

BASE=/
MNT=/mnt
ADMIN_FILE=/tmp/admin
#
mkdir -p /usr/local
mkdir -p /etc/adsm/SpaceMan
mount -f nfs 150.220.251.51:/export/install/jumpstart ${MNT}
cat >${ADMIN_FILE} <<DONT_ASK
mail=root
instance=overwrite
partial=nocheck
runlevel=nocheck
idepend=nocheck
rdepend=nocheck
space=ask
setuid=nocheck
conflict=nocheck
action=nocheck
basedir=default
DONT_ASK

echo " Package IBMadsm-c..."
/usr/sbin/pkgadd -a ${ADMIN_FILE} -d ${MNT}/sunadsm.pkg -R ${BASE} IBMadsm-c
umount ${MNT}
#

At 02:10 PM 5/13/99 -0600, you wrote:
>     Hi Unix Gurus:
>
>     Do any of you know of methods for installing ADSM clients on UNIX
>     machines that are scripted to accomplish a client install with a
>     minimum of intervention?  We have seen references to Windows platform
>     silent installs on this list and see references in the readme files.
>     Is there a similar capability for UNIX clients?  If not have any of
>     you built a silent or scripted install mechanism?  TIA.
>
>     Eric Lewis UW-Madison

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203