ADSM-L

Re: Error 0xc0000005 on the Windows NT ADSM Client

1999-05-12 16:59:37
Subject: Re: Error 0xc0000005 on the Windows NT ADSM Client
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:59:37 +1200
I had one user who could not restore files on his NT server.  The ADSM
client died with a GPF part way through the restore.

It turned out that he was trying to restore files created on a
Macintosh client.  The original file system was NTFS.  The file system
he was restoring to was FAT.  ADSM died when trying to create the
resource fork streams --- something you can not do on a FAT system.

Russell