ADSM-L

Re: NT Registry failed

1999-05-12 09:47:30
Subject: Re: NT Registry failed
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:47:30 -0500
Michael,

Check and see whether there is sufficient space on the C Drive to allow the
registry to be backed up.

The registry is contained within c:\winnt\system32\config . Check the size
of this directory. If say it's 40Meg in size and you don't have 40Meg
available on your C drive then this is the problem.

Check and see whether you can manually save the registy using the NT Reskit
command regback.

If it were a rights issue ADSM would have told you.

If you still can't manually backup the registry then suspect a problem with
the registry itself. Sometimes a reboot can clear this up.

Nathan