ADSM-L

What is the difference between using PITDATE and TODATE on a restore?

1999-05-12 07:31:32
Subject: What is the difference between using PITDATE and TODATE on a restore?
From: Kelvin Kloehn <kkloehn1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 06:31:32 -0500
We have a client that frequently needs to restore a database on a NT platform
using V3.1.? and there is some disagreement here on which form of the restore to
do and I was hoping someone could shine some light on the subject. In general,
when doing a restore is it better to do a restore using 'TODATE=' or 'PITDATE='
and what are the differences between using the two.