ADSM-L

Moving an ADMS client to another phsyical machine

1999-05-12 02:18:06
Subject: Moving an ADMS client to another phsyical machine
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT DOMINO.HAINDL DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:18:06 +0200
Hi all,

I have an ADSM client (V 3.1.0.6) on a RS/6000 F50 (from the early
beginnings with AIX) with a lot of archive data which will expire in August
2002. Now I'm about "moving" this client to one node within our SP2 frame.
The target node itself is already setup and an ADSM client too. Ther ADSM
server is at 3.1.1.5 and located within the SP2 frame.

What can I do that the new node PAI becomes the owner of the old nodes F50
backup and archive data? I have read something about the rename node
command but I think this won't work because the new node is still existing
(and has a lot of ADSM data).

Of course I can use the set access command from the old node F50 to enable
access to an specific user on the new node PAI. But I think when I remove
the old node F50 from ADSM (the RS/6000 F50 machine will be used for HACWS
in the future) the data will be removed too, isn't it?

Any suggestions?

TIA
Rainer