ADSM-L

Re: can ADSM see DLT7000 firmware version ?

1999-05-11 08:33:59
Subject: Re: can ADSM see DLT7000 firmware version ?
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:33:59 -0400
> Other then asking a CE how can one tell which microlevel is loaded
> in the library and/or dlt tape drives?
> it would be nice if an adsm query command would let you know that
> information.

Under Solaris, the tapeutil program can be used to get this info from IBM
drives, and the lbtest/mttest are used against non-IBM drives like DLT.
However, I do not think mttest/lbtest can get the firmware levels.  When I
had them on Solaris, a probe-scsi-all from the prom would display the
microcode level, as would the device ID at boot time...

Hope this helps,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,