ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Informix DB

1999-05-10 09:48:10
Subject: Re: Restoring Informix DB
From: buser andreas <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:48:10 +0200
Yes it is NORMAL!

The service are definitions, entries in the Registry. As long as you do
not manipulate the Registry nothing is done. I asume you did a usual
"Reinstall of your NT" and did not reinstall the ADSM-Service.

Why should your ADSM-CLient do that(Restore the ADSM-Service) , and how
should he do that, if you only tell him to restore some files?

What do you expect from the ADSM-Software, that it should be able to
think, making offee and getting the newspaper for you?

During a Restore-operation only files are restored. Even if you do this
with ONBAR ( in this case we talk of databases).

This processing is well described in the ADSM Manuals.

Adrian Shinzato wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do anyone know if during a full restore of Informix Database running on
> NT, the Informix services are restored? I could restore the databases
> but I couldn't restore the services. It is normal? (ADSM for Windows NT
> 3.1.2.0)
>
> Thanks

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser