ADSM-L

Re: plasmon M104 vs. IBM 3995-C64 device problem

1999-05-07 16:21:45
Subject: Re: plasmon M104 vs. IBM 3995-C64 device problem
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:21:45 -0500
i went throuth almost everything exactly as you about one month ago. (our
model is 3995-A63 which is later replaced by 3995-c64, I think). In our
case, it turned out to be a hardware problem. After replacing parts in that
box one by one, it was found that the Optical disk drive was bad. The funny
thing was: we could define rop0 as an ADSM device, but not the library
itself.

I have following suggestion:
1) errpt -a to see if can find any useful err messages
2) use /usrr/lpp/diagnostics/da/06Xdiag. if you have manual, you should be
able to find how to use this utility and what you can do with it.
3) you have to use "ADSM-SCSI-LB scsi ADSM Library" instead of "3995-A63
scsi IBM 3995-A63 Optical Disk Library". The later shoud be used for
non-ADSM applications.
4) call support if you feel it is a hardware problem.

Jie Wu
System and Storage Administrator
R.O.W. Sciencec Inc. @ NCTR FDA
ph: 870-543-7958 fax:870-543-7382