ADSM-L

ADSM Lab not able to use 3590 Cartridges?

1999-05-07 08:32:15
Subject: ADSM Lab not able to use 3590 Cartridges?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 08:32:15 -0400
>I have a number of problems. First: expire inventory runs into a loop.
>Second: ADSM support asked me to send in a backup of the ADSM database
>so they can analyze it. The DB is around 17 GB in size. I use 3590
>drives for backup. I have nothing else which can be used for this
>purpose.
>Now they tell me they have only 4mm drives. Is this really true? What
>can I do to send them the db backup?
>The PMR is 52770, country 724, branch 071.

According to its annual report, IBM is a large company with abundant
resources.  The company can be expected to have the same drives that they sell
to its customers, and thus a customer should be able to send to the Support
Center a 3590 tape and the support center should be able to get it transferred
at one of its offices, if not at the Support Center.

If the Support Center continues to give you this story, queue up to talk to
the Support Center manager regarding what it means to seriously support a
customer base.  No one at IBM should be giving you a lame story like this.
If the premier media for the product your selling is 3590, then you support
problem submissions via 3590.  Basic business sense.  Don't give the customer
a hard time for having bought your products.

    Richard Sims, BU