ADSM-L

ATL p1000 library problem

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Subject: ATL p1000 library problem
From: Rob Merriman [mailto:rmerriman AT NORDYNE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have a new ADSM installation on an NT server. The autoloader is an ATL
P1000 and is certified for use with ADSM.  A library has been defined as
LB0.0.0.0 with drive 0 as mt2.0.0.0 and drive 1 as mt3.0.0.0.  I can't label
the tapes inside the cabinet.  When using the gui the autoloader scans all
the tapes but reports back to ADSM that no volumes were found.  I have been
able to label the tapes manually and check them in as scratch tapes, but I
had to use the load port and not any of the storage bins.   After checking
them in the tapes would be placed into the storage bins.  If I run an audit
library command all library volumes are removed because it cannot find any
volumes.  Has anyone configured an installation with an ATL P1000
autoloader?    Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Robert Merriman
System Administrator