ADSM-L

ADSM and 3570 Cleaning Cartridges

1999-05-06 12:26:38
Subject: ADSM and 3570 Cleaning Cartridges
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 11:26:38 -0500
Hi,

How do I get tell ADSM that a new cleaning cartridge has been loaded into
my IBM 3570 Magstar? The manual implies that I can use the CHECKIN
LIBVOLUME command but I when I try to checkin the cleaning cartridge ADSM
reports that no volumes found to checkin. The 3570 will put the new
cleaning cartridge into the cleaning cartridge slot, but ADSM doesn't seem
to know that it is there. I also have the 3570 setup for automatic cleaning
but I still get the messages below. In fact, I don't even know if the
drives are being cleaned.

"ANR8910I No cleaner, or no cleaner with cleanings left, found in library
3570LIBR. "
ANR8907E CLEAN DRIVE for drive 3570D2 (/dev/rmt2) in library 3570LIBR failed.

The ADSM server configuration is:
   RS/6000 F50
   AIX 4.2
   ADSM Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.1
   IBM 3570-B02

Thanks,
Rick Saylor

Rick Saylor             Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7511
Rick Saylor             Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7511
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)223-7156
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4331