ADSM-L

NT client disaster recovery

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Subject: NT client disaster recovery
From: Joel Cooper
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I know this is probably a revisit to a subject, but I am a "newbie". I just
cranked up my first 15 clients, which are NT servers. I'm backing up my OS
drives, still, with another tool so that I can use the old disaster
recovery
(ARCServe for NT).  I know there is a plan for disaster recovery using a
recovery partition, but my team doesn't want to try that.

I've heard talk over the past few months from time to time of another
approach
to this.

Would someone be able to take a minute to give me a head start?

Without investigating, I was thinking I could get the server up all the way
an install of NT, but install it into a different directory, install ADSM,
recover c:\ADSM.SYS and the rest of my OS drive, restore the directory from
ADSM.SYS, and then modify boot.ini to boot from my newly restored Windows
directory. Am I missing any big steps here?

Thanks again for all of your help,

Joel Cooper
Site Tech Server Team
Deloitte & Touche LLP