ADSM-L

Re: Hardware Poll

1999-05-05 17:41:14
Subject: Re: Hardware Poll
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 17:41:14 -0400
> ADSM db is:
>           Available Space (MB): 24,224
>         Assigned Capacity (MB): 22,184
>         Maximum Extension (MB): 2,040
>         Maximum Reduction (MB): 3,304
>              Page Size (bytes): 4,096
>             Total Usable Pages: 5,679,104
>                     Used Pages: 4,806,978
>                       Pct Util: 84.6
>                  Max. Pct Util: 86.1
>               Physical Volumes: 22
>              Buffer Pool Pages: 8,192
>          Total Buffer Requests: 1,035,933,924
>                 Cache Hit Pct.: 63.45

Richard,

     You should increase your DB "BUFpoolsize" to get the Cache Hit Pct
near 99%.  As a first try, I would suggest you double it.  The setting is
indsmserv.opt, and requires that you restart the server to change it.

I would also recommend resetting the Buffer Requests on a weekly basis to
avoid the couter overflowing and going negative...

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,