ADSM-L

Using Management classes with include

1999-05-05 15:03:13
Subject: Using Management classes with include
From: Sholeh Azimfar <Sholeh_Azimfar-1 AT SBPHRD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 20:03:13 +0100
Hi all

I am running :
ADSM Server : Version 3, Relaese 1, Level 2.20
ADSM Client on DEC Unix Version 3, Relaese 1, Level 0.6

I have three management classes within the same policy set and I would like
to bind some file systems to a management class other than the default one.
Following the ADSM "Installing the Clients" documentation I have added this
line to dsm.sys file on the client:
include /data/.../* <mgmtclassname>
Ran a test backup and q backup <filename> shows it is in the default mgmt
class.

If you have come across this problem, please share your solution with this
new adsmer.
Thank you.

Sholeh Azimfar