ADSM-L

VM.MARIST.EDU mailserver blacklisted by ORBS

1999-05-05 02:52:04
Subject: VM.MARIST.EDU mailserver blacklisted by ORBS
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 08:52:04 +0200
Managers of the VM.MARIST.EDU listserver:
About two days ago your listserver became blacklisted by
About two days ago your listserver became blacklisted by
the Open Relay Blocking System (ORBS), see http://www.orbs.org/ ,
because VM.MARIST.EDU is an open relay that is abused by
spammers for the proliferation of spam E-mail.

We and many other Internet sites automatically reject E-mail
from mailservers blacklisted in ORBS, and the blacklisting
of VM.MARIST.EDU is hence a real problem.

I sent a message to Postmaster AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU about this,
but I have not received any reply.  Some solutions to the
IBM VM SMTP server are documented in the IBM Web-page
http://www.vm.ibm.com/related/tcpip/spamming.html

Thanks for looking into solving this problem.

Ole H. Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,
Building 307, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark