ADSM-L

ADSM B/A client on Notes

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Subject: ADSM B/A client on Notes
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are using the ADSM Backup/Archive client in the Notes environment, but
not the ADSM Connect agent.
We stop the Notes servers prior to the ADSM backup every night, in order to
break any connections people might have with their mail files.
For some reason, if I specify changingretries=1   the backup takes ALOT
longer and alot more data is backed up than if I specify changingretries=0.
It's as if many of our mail files do not get backed up if I specify
changingretries=0, because they are changing, or in use, when these backups
are running (in the wee hours of the morning)
Does anyone know about the .NSF mail files..   how is it ADSM could think
they are in use when the users have been disconnected?
Thanks,
Julie