ADSM-L

Move node data from one ADSM server to another

1999-05-04 16:18:14
Subject: Move node data from one ADSM server to another
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 14:18:14 -0600
Howdy, I was attempting to move node data from one server to another since we
are shutting down the source server. I thought I could use export/import to do
this. I wanted to use virtual volumes (so I didn't need to be a tape jockey) and
set-up the volumes ok. The export was ok. BUt, it now appears that I can't
import because I need a third ADSM server for this? Has any one been able to
transfer node data from one server to another over the network in a situation
where the source server is going to be shutdown? How?

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources