ADSM-L

How much time does a auditdb take?

1999-05-03 07:12:21
Subject: How much time does a auditdb take?
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 13:12:21 +0200
Hi,
I'm well aware of the fact that the time a auditdb takes depends on a
number of conditions. But I will most likely have the need to run one
whether it will take hours, days, weeks or months. The server hardware
is a 6-CPU RS/6000-R30 with 512MB memory. The database is about 16 GB
in size and contains some 30 million files.
Has anyone recently done a auditdb in an environment like this? How
much time did it take?
Many thanks in advance!
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany