ADSM-L

Re: ADSM PRE- EMPTION of processes

1999-05-02 09:43:26
Subject: Re: ADSM PRE- EMPTION of processes
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:43:26 -0400
I agree.  I have long thought that ADSM is lacking a "hold" function that
could be used manually or automatically to put processes on hold when it is
necessary for other functions to run.  This would not only come in handy
during pre-emption, but when I need to quickly do something with the server
and then resume processing.

No responses have come in on my previous note regarding tapes being marked
unavailable, but as it relates to this, I will mention it again.   If a
process is waiting for a tape when it is pre-empted, the tape it was waiting
for will be marked as unavailable.  If the process could be placed on hold
instead of cancelled it would also prevent the erroneous marking of the tape
as unavailable.