ADSM-L

Re: From one 3570-B02 to two 3570-B01

1999-04-29 16:22:28
Subject: Re: From one 3570-B02 to two 3570-B01
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:22:28 -0700
> 1-Will I have to defined a new library for the new tape drive?

You will have to define two libraries.

> 3-Will I have to define a new class?

Yes, you will have to define a 2nd device class and also the drive in the
library.

> 4-When I will restore the primary storage pool, should I destroy the
primary storage defined in the class I use and define a new primary storage
pool to restore inside it?

Yes I believe you will have to define a new primary stgpool because your old
one (I'm assuming) used the same device class as your copypool and since
they will be in different libraries they will each need a different
devclass.

> 5- What's gonna be the main differences between using two B01 when I was
using one B02?

The main difference is that instead of restoring from a off-site copypool
tape to an on-site primary pool tape within the same library, you will be
doing it between two libraries.  It shouldn't be that big of a deal since
you still have two drives, but it will entail creating the 2nd library,
devclass, drive, and stgpool definition.

BTW these are just my thoughts, I have performed a disaster recovery test on
different hardware than the data was originally backed up on.

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Storage Management Team Lead          Cellular/VM:   (408) 836-7147
Dickens Services Group                Internet:      www.TeamDSG.com