ADSM-L

Re: ANR4556W / database backup / insufficient recovery log space

1999-04-29 07:07:00
Subject: Re: ANR4556W / database backup / insufficient recovery log space
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:07:00 +0200
Hi Andreas,

We also experienced exactly the same problem on OS/390 and
ADSM v3.1.2.20. The only difference from your environment is
we were running  OS/390 V2.7(ESP).

This problem only started showing when we upgraded from
V3.1.2.13 to V3.1.2.20.
We eventually switch off the roll-forward mode and since then
have not had any problems.
We were running incr backups during the week and a full on
Sundays. Now we are running full backups every day.
As a matter of interest the DB size is 8.9Gig 93% utilized.
The recovery log is 1.9Gig currently sitting at 0,01%.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank
Johannesburg