ADSM-L

Re: manual off-site storage

1999-04-28 19:13:16
Subject: Re: manual off-site storage
From: "Jackson, Sandye" <Sandye.Jackson AT LATIMES DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:13:16 -0700
> I was wondering if anyone out there does a manual off-site copypool.
We have 2 tape pools which we have designated Onsite and Offsite.  We send
tapes offsite every day.  We change the ACCESS code to OFFSITE and eject the
tapes from our STK9710 silo.  When all the data is reclaimed and the VOLUME
STATUS  shows EMPTY we recall the tapes, change the ACCESS code to
READ/WRITE and check in the tapes.

> how often is the offsite backup done?
After the data is copied to our Onsite pool it is then copied to our Offsite
pool.  This is done daily.  We also send our DBBackup offsite for 2 weeks.
   Sandye J. Jackson
         Information Technology
     213/237-2132, fax 213/237-4500
     sandye.jackson AT latimes DOT com