ADSM-L

Re: manual off-site storage

1999-04-28 18:57:14
Subject: Re: manual off-site storage
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:57:14 -0700
> I was wondering if anyone out there does a manual off-site copypool.

Many use DRM, but almost the all of the rest use manual off-site copypools.

> Do you need the same amount of tapes as are currently used in the
tapepool?

Typically, but you can save on off-site tapes - if you were using
collocation in your on-site pool you can save tapes by turning collocation
off for your off-site pool.  Yes, if you ever had to perform a full restore
of a node using your off-site tapes it would take longer, but hopefully that
will never happen.

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Storage Management Team Lead          Cellular/VM:   (408) 836-7147
Dickens Services Group                Internet:      www.TeamDSG.com