ADSM-L

ADSM V2 SunOS & SunSolaris Backup Client Future?

1999-04-27 15:07:11
Subject: ADSM V2 SunOS & SunSolaris Backup Client Future?
From: LarryH <larryh AT TETON.NCSC DOT MIL>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:07:11 -0400
All,
      Since there no ADSM Version 3 pathway for those ADSM Version 2
SunOS and SunSolaris backup clients available from IBM, what are you
doing about these unsupported clients with ADSM MVS mainframe server
Version 3.1.1.3 and beyond.  We have the official notification from IBM
that these clients are no longer supported after 12/31/1998.

      What are the highest ADSM server levels that you are running this
unsupported clients under at present?  We are working on going to
V3.1.2.20 in the near future in production and would like to know that
that will do to our unsupported V2 client code.

       What have your companies chosen to do about those clients that
have not upgraded their hardware or software to enable them to run
appropriate ADSM Version 3 client levels?

Thanks for your assistance in this matter,

Larry
Dept of Defense