ADSM-L

Re: Server sets disk storage pool to readonly

1999-04-26 09:28:00
Subject: Re: Server sets disk storage pool to readonly
From: "H.G.Borrmann" <borrmann AT IBM1.RUF.UNI-FREIBURG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:28:00 +0200
Thanks to all who responded. We are not able to use raw logical
volumes in our configuration as disk storage pool volumes. Only
files work.

Configuration:

        ADSM 3.1.2.20,
        AIX 4.3.2,
        SSA Raid5,
        RS/6000 model 590.

We are very disappointed by the IBM defect service in germany. I opened
a severity 2 PMR with our problem at 04/21 because we were not able to
make initial backups of large servers which had no backup at all due
to the way we had to move them from our ould server to the new one.
UNITL TODAY THERE WAS NO REACTION!

H.G.Borrmann
|H.G.Borrmann                           |Tel.: (0761) 203-4652            |
|Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg|Fax:  (0761) 203-4643            |
|Hermann-Herder-Str. 10                 |email:                           |