ADSM-L

dsmc q backup -fromnode

1999-04-20 13:25:07
Subject: dsmc q backup -fromnode
From: Mira Jung <mira AT SEAS.UCLA DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:25:07 -0700
Hi,

I have a problem using the "dsmc q backup -fromnode..." command on an NT.

Assume I have node1 and node2 running WinNT client.
On node1, I did "set access" command to give permission to node2.
On node2, I could view node1's backup data by doing:
        adsm backup client
        utilities
        access another user (node1)
        restore

However, I can't view node1's backup data using the dsmc command line.

        dsmc> q backup -fromnode=node1 c:\backup\*
        ANS1084E No files have previously been backed up for 'C:\BACKUP\*'

        I tried "dsmc q backup -fromnode=node1 c:\backup\*"
        and I got the same error.

My questions are:
1. Can I use "dsmc q backup -fromnode ..." successfully on WinNT client?
2. Can I use "set access" command from the server?
3. Can I do something like "q backup" from the server?
   The closest thing I found was to use sql command againt
   the "backups" table but I want to get the same data that
   "q backup" displays.

Could anyone help me with these?
I'd appreciate any advice,

Mira Jung