ADSM-L

Re: Expire after 3.1.2.20 Upgrade

1999-04-20 11:00:31
Subject: Re: Expire after 3.1.2.20 Upgrade
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:00:31 +0200
Hello dears,

we upgraded our adsm server yesterday from 3.1.1.3 to 3.1.2.20, OS/390 2.4.

Expire processing still running after more than 8h30 elapsed, more than
2'000'000 objets inspected, more than 1'000'000 backup objects deleted! I
hope I still get backups in my database...

Will tell you tomorrow the definitive results of this first expire after the
upgrade (normal expire time, db size...).

IBM, please make a note in the installation readme's, about this long expire
processing!

Question: did we got the expire problem even if we never install 3.1.2 and
went directly from 3.1.1.3 to 3.1.2.20? It seems that the answer is
positive.

Regards,

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com