ADSM-L

Re: ADSM API; admin client questions

1999-04-20 09:58:46
Subject: Re: ADSM API; admin client questions
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:58:46 +0200
Hello,

here a comment sent on 12/18/1998 by Andy about encryption of client data:

Client encryption of the data is a well-known requirement and
is on our "to do" list. Although I can not make any formal
commitments, it is being seriously considered for the next
release of the product (not the next PTF, but *release*).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

I don't know if the admin client is also considered. The question was "Is
data encrypted in storage pools?".

Regards,

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com