ADSM-L

Re: NT CPU Utilization 100%

1999-04-17 16:16:07
Subject: Re: NT CPU Utilization 100%
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:16:07 EDT
In article <NZc90505-3b7971ee AT amstr DOT com>, Gail A Johnson
<Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM> says:

>We have started to experience problems where the DSMC Service is using 100%
>of CPU -- We have 2 Versions - one for V3 and one for V2 - has anyone else
>out there experienced this type of problem -- if so, can you give us any
>ideas of things to look at?

We have seen this several times.

With one of the middle service levels of of the version 3 client it was a
bug with the client where it would fill up the disk with the dsmsched.log
prune process. And then loop.

Another problem was with the client when it could not log on to the adsm
server, it would go into a loop trying to log on. This would be fixed by
fixing what ever would not allow it to log on. Normally a problem with
the password stored in the nt registry.

At least the first one was fixed by an adsm code fix. I think that the
second was also.

I believe that we also had some install the client sideways, and this
was cleaned up by doing an uninstall and installed it correctly. This
might have been the same problem as above.

Why do you require both a version 2 client and version 3 client.
I would think that either should be able to talk to your server.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   len.boyle AT sas DOT com
203 SAS Campus Drive                        (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
Cary NC 27513