ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connection Problem

1999-04-16 10:07:49
Subject: Re: ADSM Connection Problem
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:07:49 -0500
We had the same problem when I believe we were at ADSM 3.1.1.13. It happened
as soon as we upgraded to the Open Edition of OS/390 V2.5.
I'd have to check with my co-workers but I believe we applied a TCP/IP and
MVS fix as well as upgrading to 3.1.1.15. Since then we've only had one
hang.. which is a lot better than before. Previous to this it would hang
every other day.

Good Luck. I know only too well how irritating this problem was, not to
mention how difficult it is to get a fix.

As I recall we had no way of determing when the problem occurred as no error
message was given out by ADSM or MVS. IBM felt the problem was TCP/IP
related and their only answer was to run a TCP/IP trace as soon as the fault
was detected... better act quick too as a TCP/IP trace in most cases will
wrap around in 5mins.

Nathan