ADSM-L

[no subject]

1999-04-16 10:03:14
From: Michael Kaczmarski <kacz AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:03:14 -0700
>Date:    Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:38:13 +0200
>From:    Winfried Heilmann <Winfried.Heilmann AT INFRACOR DOT DE>
>Subject: OS390/ Define script

>.Hi,

>.I like to edit/save the script-definitions in a PDS and load it with
following
>.command:

>def script scriptname file='HLQ.NAME.LLQ(MEMBER)'

>I allways receive the msg:ANR1475E. There are no further msgs. I have
checked
>the RACF-Definitions and they are o.k. The datasets exits and is
calaloged.
>Does anybody have an idea?

>ANR1475E command name: File file name could not be opened.
>       Explanation:  A filename was specified in a command but the
>       specified file could not be opened by the server.
>       System Action:  The command fails.
>       User Response:  Examine any messages that might appear prior to
>       this one in the activity log to determine if the error can be
>       found.  If the file was to exist for use by the command, ensure
>       that the file does exists and that the server has proper authority
>       to access the file.  If the file was to be created by the command,
>       ensure that the filesystem has sufficient space and that the server
>       has authority to create the file in the location specified.

>Thanks winfried

Winfried,

I believe that the problem you are encountering has to do eith how the
single quotes are being resolved by the ADSM server command parser.  Please
try the following command:

def script scriptname file="'HLQ.NAME.LLQ(MEMBER)'"

Mike Kaczmarski
IBM Corporation
ADSM Development
kacz AT us.ibm DOT com