ADSM-L

ADSM Connection Problem

1999-04-15 15:31:48
Subject: ADSM Connection Problem
From: "Louis J. Wiesemann" <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:31:48 EDT
   We are running ADSM 3.1.2.1 on OS/390 2.5.  Today we experienced
a problem we have not seen before.  The server was still running and
appeared to be processing normally.  It was doing reclaimations and
processing tape mounts.  It would process commands sent to it via
the MVS console with normal responsiveness.

   But we could not connect to it over the network.  Attempts by
clients to connect to it would hang.  We verified that TCPIP was
still functioning properly.  We could TELNET, PING, etc. to the
MVS server.  We just could not access ADSM.  Sessions already
accessing ADSM at this time were also hung.

   We had to cycle the server to get access back.  I reviewed the
activity log for the time of the failure, but did not find any
errors that seemed related to the problem.

   Has anybody else seen a problem like this or have any ideas
about what else to check?  We did take a dump before cycling the
server.

   Thanks for any help with this.

Louis J. Wiesemann            University of Louisville - IT/DCS
Phone: (502) 852-8952
Email: LJWIES01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU