ADSM-L

Scripts or products to improve ADSM reporting

1999-04-15 12:41:20
Subject: Scripts or products to improve ADSM reporting
From: John Schneider <jdschn AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:41:20 -0500
Greetings,
    Can anyone recommend or share scripts or products to improve ADSM
reporting?
It seems like every ADSM implementation I do I have to write a bunch of
scripts to
generate reports about the health of the server, and these reports all
contain information
that is all buried in the activity log, but is frustratingly difficult
to get at.
     Has anyone looked at Sterling Software's SAMS Vantage for ADSM?  It
looks like
it has some nice reports, but I have only looked at the glossy's and not
really tried it out.
     Last year I heard about a product called 'ADSM Manager'.  At that
time it looked
brand new.  Is it still around?  Is it any good?
     Any other products that would save me trouble?  Another thing I
have had to write
scripts to do is issue frequently used commands, so operators don't have
to remember
the syntaxes, or click down through seven layers of the Admin Gui to get
to the command
they want.  Are there any clever ways to improve this?

John Schneider

* John D. Schneider       Email: jdschn AT ibm DOT net * Phone: 314-349-4556
* Lowery Systems, Inc.
* 1329 Horan                  Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are
* Fenton, MO 63026                   mine and mine alone.